Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Weekend

Thanksgiving: the time of feast, thanks, and having fun. Sometimes, though, doing all three can be hard.

Last year this time was a blast! We had a bunch of food, and I had a music party in my studio! This year, however... not so much.

It all started Wednesday. I slept in until around 1 pm, and little did I know our entire family came over!! We had both my family, Morgan and her family, and my parent's family -- wait a sec. You don't know that story, do you?

Ok, quick story: When my mother gave birth to me, something went wrong and she had a stroke with me halfway out. The doctors had to cut my mother's vagina open to get me out (or something like that). I obviously don't remember what happened, but somehow my mother died after I was born. I lived with my father for about a year, by which point my dad decided to be a really, really heavy alcoholic. I got put up for adoption.

My current parents are the ones who adopted me. They had a son, but I had never really met him because by that point he was 13. By the time I could talk and interact with people, he was always doing stuff with friends. I finally got to meet him a few days ago, though. More on that later. Anyway, so I was adopted, and 5 years later, when I was 6, almost 7, we moved to Florida! About a month later is when I met Morgan, and we've been friends ever since.

To be honest, I've told that story so many times that it really doesn't affect me much to talk about it; I say it just like normal speech.

Back to my weekend, though! Like I said, we had three families over, like always. I have family all over: in Idaho, in Cali, way up in Maine, even over in Europe! (Another quick interjection here: I am very rich in foreign blood. I have a lot of Italian and Czech in me, along with a little Hungarian, English, and, awesomely, Egyptian :-) We had to have had around 100 people in our house! I'm glad it's big!

On Thursday, we ended up having our meal outside and inside, at least until it started to rain a little. I definitely learned a bit on how to cook! We seriously had 5 turkeys, two of which were fried, two bags of potatoes mashed up, a LOT of vegetables, stuffing, and a bunch of other stuff! Note to self: NEVER invite that many people over at once!! Even the prayer was hard!!

My brother (in law, I suppose) showed up a little late Thursday afternoon. He as of right now is still here, but since he lives in Pasadena, he will probably be moving back soon. I probably talked with him more than I have any guy, to be honest! It's strange, meeting up with your brother and either of you not knowing anything about each other. At first, it was really weird because, well, my brother's hot! I've been told that I am too (though I strongly disagree), and I could tell he was checking me out. Yeah. Awkward.

Thankfully, Morgan walked in, and that kind of broke things up a bit. At first the three of us were talking, then she decided that we should play Rockband. Talking and drumming is hard. Just sayin' :) We played that for a while, then we went in our studio.

Another little detail (I'll probably do this a lot... I need to write another post about me in general I think): I have a really nice music studio.
See the iMac? haha! I know, I have a bunch of random stuff there. Not pictured are my drum sets (electric and acoustic), other instruments, and sauna-like wooden booth for miking things, like my voice or violin. On the other side of the basement is Morgan's photography studio:
Why she gets the bigger part, I don't know. Maybe it just looks bigger.

Back to my story. We stayed in my studio for a really long time, just hanging out and talking. I didn't get to bed for a while, that's for sure!

Friday came by, and I surprisingly didn't go shopping. I almost always go shopping when I can. Instead, I just hung out with a few friends all day until about 4pm. Morgan decided to have a race in the abandoned parking lot. The abandoned parking lot is a parking lot where a strip mall used to be. Now it's just used for, well, idiots like us, I guess!

I drove Ferry, Stephanie drove her GT-40, Morgan drove her Lamborghini, and Stephanie's brother drove his Porshe. I won :) Morgan came in third, sadly. Stephanie came in 2nd, and of course, her brother came in last :*)

All in all, a fun little weekend! How was yours?

Love,
Claire S.

No comments:

Post a Comment