Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hiya!

 
My name is Veronica Erin Schiaparelli-Slater. Yes, I had to write that out when I was in elementary school :) My friends call me either Claire or Ariel, the latter due to my red hair.

 
Let me start off by saying that I named this blog what I did for a reason! Here is a little timeline:
  • January 1, 1993: I was born at 3:17 am in Boise, Idaho.
  • April 3, 1993: picked up my first book, the Encyclopedia Britannica. Not like I could read it, or even really hold it!
  • December 25, 1994: I get a stationary pad.
  • December 30, 1994: I could write my name. All. Four. Freaking. Words.
  • Skip ahead a bit to June 1996: I meet my first boyfriend
  • July 17, 1996: My first kiss
  • April 20, 1999: My first trip overseas*
  • June 16, 2001: we move to Clearwater, FL.
  • June 30, 2001: I meet my absolute best friend to this day, Morgan Thomas.
  • September 18, 2006: I do something I really shouldn't have. I mean REALLY shouldn't have. Like, worse than say, killing the entire presidential cabinet (okay, maybe not that bad...)*
  • Skip waaay ahead to January 5, 2008: I get my driver's permit and a Volvo S60
  • July 7, 2008: I get asked to be a model*
  • April 1, 2009: I get my license, and my car is also a birthday gift given late from my dad: a Ferrari 458 Italia*
  • Late May of 2009: I meet one of the best guys EVER
  • July-ish 2009: I start the biggest lie I have ever made*
  • November 25, 2009: I... well, this will sound dumb, but I basically had the most fun in years :)
And that just scratches the surface ;-)

You may notice I put an * at the end of some of them. Here is where I explain those a bit further.

1st *: Every year, my family vacations somewhere we have never been to. This year we went mainly to Western Russia, Egypt, Italy, Germany, the Czech Republic, and Greece. On the stated trip, we went to New Zealand and parts of Australia. I was a surprisingly good traveler at age 6!

2nd *: Oh. THAT. Firstly, let me just state that I am a very open girl and tell almost anyone anything. Seriously, if you want you can even ask me a question personally by email (I would say phone, too, but my iPhone has had issues lately). Anyway, this apparently horrifically bad thing was actually just something 13-year-olds should not be doing: I lost my virginity. That kinda started a whole pile of doing other things (no, not THAT, but everything else) that I have lately tried to stop with pretty good progress so far.

3rd *: Yup, I'm also a model. I don't do shoots very often, but when I do I will probably post a few pictures. Surprisingly, I have been told that I look like a model in the Czech Republic. A really close friend lately looked at many pictures of both me and the Czech girl and found that the only major difference is that she has a pointier chin than I, whose is more round. Strange...

4th *: Ferry!! Ferry is what I named my Ferrari. This summer I got a Mercedes because the Ferrari's mileage is horrible, so I don't drive Ferry much. By the time I got Ferry, the particular model (458 Italia) was just a few months old, and thus much cheaper than it is now. Dad had it ordered for me when we went to the showroom in Rome. I got to drive the thing out of the showroom because it was so new! Well, that and I wanted to ;) Here's a picture Morgan took (from her phone, surprisingly) of me mostly out:

Ferry!
 Last *: Ok, um, extremely long story much shorter, I acted like our vacation to Europe was permanent for a few months, then came out and said it was all a lie. Moving on...

Interests: I LOVE computers. A lot of people are surprised when they see that a girl can do the things on a computer that I can (as a side note, not many people know even how to insert a picture in a Word document). I enjoy programming for hours on end and figuring out how programs work. I like to try to be a role model to other teenaged girls, hoping that they don't care much about my past. I love having fun, which I actually get paid for by both modeling and working at my uncle's club in Orlando.

I love music almost as much as computers. I play many instruments, including violin, guitar, piano, and I also sing. I am trying to learn three languages: Italian, Spanish, and Czech (all of which are primary roots in my family). I seem to be good at helping people, sometimes acting as a therapist. After I took anatomy, I started taking a few martial arts lessons (I would say exactly which, but I have no idea how to spell them!). Morgan, who was already taking a few (and currently is trained up to the general equivalent of black belt in Judo, Karate, and something that starts with a T and sounds vaguely African), helped me out a bit. I decided to quit because I can't control myself for the life of me. I can't even clear my mind!

This blog is a predecessor of my older blog which I shut down called My Abridged Diary. This blog will be similar, but I probably won't have daily updates like my last one. Just so you know, crazy stuff doesn't happen every day. I would go nuts.

Hopefully I will only post on my good days, but me being a girl, having depression, and having some randomly named medical condition that makes me horny under various conditions, this isn't a lasting promise :)

Hey, I said I was an open person, right?

I hope you enjoy reading about my sometimes very strange and awkward life :)

Love,
Claire S. (SO much easier than my real name)

No comments:

Post a Comment